The Last Jedi Minute 1

Discussion of Star Wars Minute episodes, past and present
Glenston

The Last Jedi Minute 1

Post by Glenston »

Hi everyone, hope you are all keeping safe and well 😀
So after watching the final episode of The Mandalorian I decided I was going to take a break from all things Star Wars until the next new content appears on Disney + which I guess will be The Book of Boba Fett in December. The main reason for this is purely because during the lockdown which started here in the UK in March I went through all 11 films, all of The Cline Wars, all of Rebels and both seasons of The Mandalorian and as much as I loved it all I was worried I’d start getting bored with Star Wars which I do not want to happen.

This also meant taking a break from any SW related podcasts, mainly Star Wars Minute but also the current fortnightly episodes of Indiana Jones Minute.

So far so good and then just now I’m sitting in a car park waiting for my wife to come out of an appointment I’ve just checked my podcast feed and can see that not only is the artwork updated (which I love) but minute 1 of The TLJ coverage is available.

It’s going to take a lot of willpower to miss my week day dose of SWM, TLJ is definitely my favourite of the Disney era films so far and really want to hear Pete and Alex’s view on it, the good news is that come December I can binge listen and the hopefully move straight into their coverage of Solo.
babu_f—k

Re: The Last Jedi Minute 1

Post by babu_f—k »

Hooray for the Return of the Star Wars Minute! Video is an excellent addition to the franchise.

The political makeup of the galaxy at the beginning of The Last Jedi is confusing, but that's mostly because the size/influence of the NR and FO are never clear throughout the sequels. I was hoping that The Mandalorian might shed some light on this, but it seems to deal exclusively in planets that are outside the jurisdiction of either the crumbling Empire or the NR.

My headcanon has been that most planets are agnostic toward the ruling force in the galaxy, and they would view the destruction of Hosnian Prime the way a native Indian or South African would view the sinking of the Lusitania. In a way, that actually makes the ending of this film make a little more sense: most of the galaxy just doesn't care who's in charge. Without a police force of religious zealots patrolling the galaxy, there seems to be no way to ensure continuity of government.
Boushhdag

Post by Boushhdag »

I seem to remember Po telling Zori in RoS that the galaxy was too scared to come to the Resistance's aid at the end of TLJ. I like your idea more but I can live with that.
Ceridwen

Post by Ceridwen »

The Rise of Skywalker also establishes WHY the galaxy was afraid to rise up: because the First Order stole their children. (Unfortunately this isn't really followed up on.)

Anyway, welcome back Star Wars Minute! We've missed you!
Boushhdag

Post by Boushhdag »

Ah yes, I forgot about that. Clearly RoS isn't fully embedded in my conscious like the rest of them, though I still really enjoy it haha

Thanks very much :) like yourself, I took a long break to try and get to grips with this the pandemic and I had to make a concerted effort to catch up on Rouge 1 Minute before TLJ kicked off. I'm definitely gonna be around alot more this year and I'm looking forward to getting stuck in. May even consider rebooting my Patreon...