DJ's betrayal

Discussion of Star Wars Minute episodes, past and present
CrimsonSam

DJ's betrayal

Post by CrimsonSam »

Something I've heard multiple times during this week's episodes is that DJ has already sold out Finn and Rose, probably before they even boarded Snoke's ship. Also that BB-9E detecting them is meaningless, since DJ had already sold them out.

I always assumed when I was watching it that DJ would've gone along with Finn and Rose's entire plan if it had worked and they'd escaped, but once they were caught because of BB-9E, DJ just immediately traded information about the Resistance for his own freedom.

Now I'm curious if I'm alone on this and what the concensus is regarding the timeline of DJ's betrayal. Any thoughts?
Ando_Calrissian

Re: DJ's betrayal

Post by Ando_Calrissian »

Came here to say exactly this.

It makes more sense to me that he's legitimately going through with everything until self-preservation comes into play, rather than putting on a big pointless ruse when he could've just turned them in immediately. I feel like his "don't join" character non-arc is more pure this way, rather than him being on one side the entire time.

Perhaps when we get to the payoff minute (I mean, literally the minute where he gets paid), it'll be a big revelation to everyone on the show. Or I'll be proven wrong.
It's HanSolo64@CompuServe.com... YES, COMPUSERVE.
Ando_Calrissian

Post by Ando_Calrissian »

(Should've finished today's episode before posting)
Pete's question about why DJ gives back the medallion is also answered by the idea that he hasn't flipped yet.
It's HanSolo64@CompuServe.com... YES, COMPUSERVE.
Ceridwen

Post by Ceridwen »

Yeah, to me “I cut a deal” implied he didn’t sell them out until after they were caught. That’s why he isn’t with Finn and Rose when they’re about to be executed; he’s off in another room telling them what he overheard from Poe.