Rogue One Minute 124/125 - Greg Wyshynski

Discussion of Star Wars Minute episodes, past and present
stormshadowrocks

Rogue One Minute 124/125 - Greg Wyshynski

Post by stormshadowrocks »

I loved the Vader scene. I know a lot of the complaint of the Vader scene is that we've never seen him act this ruthless before. But in the OT, he was never in the position of facing off against a bunch of troopers. The only non-force related attack comes from Solo, who he needed to keep alive.
Khailovesthispodcast

Re: Rogue One Minute 124/125 - Greg Wyshynski

Post by Khailovesthispodcast »

When I saw this movie in theaters and it came to the Vader hallway scene, my exact thoughts were "I hate that I love this. This is exactly the kind of fan service that should drive me nuts but I'm loving every minute."
"If only there was a place to talk about Star Wars Minute that wasn't on Facebook. Oh! Hello there."
Khailovesthispodcast

Re: Rogue One Minute 121–125 - Greg Wyshynski

Post by Khailovesthispodcast »

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this week. I respect Greg's rankings of the films and I hope the guys will have him back for more death and mayhem soon!
"If only there was a place to talk about Star Wars Minute that wasn't on Facebook. Oh! Hello there."
Nodnarb Keryon

Post by Nodnarb Keryon »

I love Greg on here. I love Greg when he’s on my teams athletic podcast. I just can’t form the habit of listening to puck soup
GaryDesEtoiles

Post by GaryDesEtoiles »

The way I look at it, is this the first time Vader has left the castle? Maybe? Probably not though. When plowing through all those soldiers, is this the first time he’s had to do any real physical force activity since facing off against Obi-wan? Maybe? All I can really say is that as a 40+ year old who just started playing basketball again, I felt a bit winded and sore after that first practice.who’s to say that Vader ,in between the events of rogue one and a new hope, did not feel like an old guy getting back on the court after all those years. Emptying one hell of a spit valve in between? Saying to himself: “Geez, I gotta pace myself from now on. I’m not the young Chosen One I used to be...”
stevejrogers

Post by stevejrogers »

In about an hour or so it’s pretty clear he and Leia are aware of each other and their tactics when it comes to certain things.
stormshadowrocks

Post by stormshadowrocks »

GaryDesEtoiles wrote: May 10th, 2020, 6:15 am The way I look at it, is this the first time Vader has left the castle? Maybe? Probably not though. When plowing through all those soldiers, is this the first time he’s had to do any real physical force activity since facing off against Obi-wan? Maybe? All I can really say is that as a 40+ year old who just started playing basketball again, I felt a bit winded and sore after that first practice.who’s to say that Vader ,in between the events of rogue one and a new hope, did not feel like an old guy getting back on the court after all those years. Emptying one hell of a spit valve in between? Saying to himself: “Geez, I gotta pace myself from now on. I’m not the young Chosen One I used to be...”
you watching The Last Dance? hahah. good call.
IV25

Post by IV25 »

So I re-listened to this episode recently, and I had always understood the POV that Vader seemed overpowered compared to his ANH performance. I went back and watched the scene again and I have to disagree. All he does is block blaster bolts back at people, pick up one guy and slash his gut, and force grab some guns from people and strike them down while they are defenseless. He moves in a slow and plodding manner lacking agility and defeats the rebels due to nothing more than being more powerful than grunts.

I don't really understand what doesn't fit with ANH.

Happy to hear Pete (right?) go a little more in depth about what specifically he doesn't feel matches up.