Them Crazy Porgs

Hello there!
Ando_Calrissian

Them Crazy Porgs

Post by Ando_Calrissian »

Did I miss my chance to get a Porgo Loco onesie? I'm guessing so because I'm not finding it on the merch site. Just can't figure out why, but maybe it's a parody of an actual (infringement-conscious) place I'm unfamiliar with?
It's HanSolo64@CompuServe.com... YES, COMPUSERVE.
JermDodd

Re: Them Crazy Porgs

Post by JermDodd »

El Pollo Loco is (was?) a fairly well known chicken chain in the western US. I grew up in California and they seemed to be as ubiquitous as any other fast food chain. Not sure if they’re still around though.
Ando_Calrissian

Post by Ando_Calrissian »

This just in: there are several El Pollo Locos where I live (San Antonio) and it turns out I'm just an idiot. Less prevalent in Texas than Taco Bells/Buenos/Cabanas, but still enough of a presence that it should've been apparent.
It's HanSolo64@CompuServe.com... YES, COMPUSERVE.
Khailovesthispodcast

Post by Khailovesthispodcast »

Somebody needs to inspire (coerce?) the guys to get those designs that have been taken down by TeePublic up somewhere else. I would pay a premium to get some of their discontinued designs. I suppose I could just ask Alex to send me some jpgs of the designs and upload them to some screen printing site, but that seems like a lot of work.
"If only there was a place to talk about Star Wars Minute that wasn't on Facebook. Oh! Hello there."
PeteTheRetailer

Post by PeteTheRetailer »

Porgo Loco did indeed get taken down, and yes we're looking into other sites as we speak.
Khailovesthispodcast

Post by Khailovesthispodcast »

Ok great, because I've actually been pretty dissatisfied with TeePublic lately. My lovely wife has been buying me a lot of SWM t-shirts lately (because she's amazing), and the designs on the most recent two that she got me for Father's Day (the 8-bit Star Wars characters and the TLJ season artwork) are already starting to disintegrate :(

I should have said I wanted
no-disintegrations.jpg
no-disintegrations.jpg (61.45 KiB) Viewed 181 times
"If only there was a place to talk about Star Wars Minute that wasn't on Facebook. Oh! Hello there."