⭐️⭐️
No votes
⭐️
No votes

Total votes: 5

Ceridwen

Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by Ceridwen »

Please use discretion in posting spoilers! I don't think we currently have a spoiler "code" programmed into the board.

The poll is coded to stay open indefinitely, and to let you change your vote if you decide at a later point your score has changed. Happy gaming!
DavidP

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by DavidP »

I just beat it yesterday and liked it a lot - there were some rough bits mechanically, mainly the lack of fast travel being a pain with this style of map.

But more importantly, it *felt* like Star Wars to me. The mix of lightsaber combat and force powers felt right for a SW game, and the story really nailed the feel of someone just living in the SW universe, rediscovering their powers and dealing with the fallout from stuff in the prequels. Super good, and exactly what I'd wanted for ages in a Star War game.
Ceridwen

Post by Ceridwen »

I am not far enough yet to rate it, but I am liking it a lot. I got stuck in a puzzle with no way out and had to restart, so I'm just starting to re-explore Zeffo at the moment.

A neat thing I learned online: If anyone playing has also been to Galaxy's Edge, apparently all the pieces to re-create your lightsaber from the park can be found in-game. For those of us who haven't been able to afford to go, it's potentially a nice little taste of the experience.
Ceridwen

Post by Ceridwen »

Some of these slides are extremely fun, and some of them are kriffing bantha poodoo (I also don't know what are swears policy is on the board yet, haha).
Ceridwen

Post by Ceridwen »

Also, I'm playing on a PS4, no Pro or Slim or any upgrading, so the wroshyr trees of Kashyyyk REALLY make the fan spin and the game has to stop for a sec to catch up, haha.
Ceridwen

Post by Ceridwen »

Finished last night. Gave it eight stars. Really enjoyed it, though never to the level of, say, Spider-Man (I don't play a ton of games every year so that's the most recent similar game I can compare this to) which was a ten for me. Too many times where it felt like they rushed to get it out before the holiday and Rise of Skywalker.

But! That sounds more negative than I truly feel about it, the positives just might be spoilery, still want to give people a chance to get registered and chime in that they've finished the game before we really dive in.
Bor Gullet

Post by Bor Gullet »

Is the plot cool? I admit, I'd basically buy it for the story and rush the "game" as fast as possible
StarWarsMinute
Site Admin

Post by StarWarsMinute »

OK, spoiler code should work now with

Code: Select all

[spoiler]text[/spoiler]
Like so:
SPOILER
SPOILER_SHOW
Darth Vader is Luke and Leia's father.
Ceridwen

Post by Ceridwen »

Bor Gullet wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 12:43 pm Is the plot cool? I admit, I'd basically buy it for the story and rush the "game" as fast as possible
Mild spoilers, but coding them just in case:
SPOILER
SPOILER_SHOW
Five years after Revenge of the Sith, you play Cal Kestis, a former Jedi Padawan whose connection to the Force was damaged due to the trauma of Order 66. You've been hiding since the Purge, but circumstances push you out into the light. You rediscover your abilities while racing against the Empire to locate a Jedi Holocron with the names of Force sensitive children, who could represent either the next generation of Jedi or an army of Inquisitors for the Emperor.
YourTriclopsTheorySucks

Post by YourTriclopsTheorySucks »

Hey, I'm in!

I'm pretty lousy at video games on the best of the days, and this one is REALLY kicking my butt. Between how hard it is and the holiday I'm only about 60-70% through it, but I'm loving it despite (or maybe because of?) the challenge. wish the look/design of the main character hadn't been so...bland, but it's a blast to, IMO, finally have a really, really fun SW game again.