⭐️⭐️
No votes
⭐️
No votes

Total votes: 5

Ceridwen

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by Ceridwen »

YourTriclopsTheorySucks wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 5:53 pm Hey, I'm in!

I'm pretty lousy at video games on the best of the days, and this one is REALLY kicking my butt. Between how hard it is and the holiday I'm only about 60-70% through it, but I'm loving it despite (or maybe because of?) the challenge. wish the look/design of the main character hadn't been so...bland, but it's a blast to, IMO, finally have a really, really fun SW game again.
If it helps, set the difficulty to Story Mode. You don't get any extra points or trophies for playing on harder modes.

And yeah, in the lead-up I was pretty disappointed with Cal's presentation, but he won me over in the game itself with his relationship with BD-1. Similar experience I had with The Mandalorian; I don't care about generic badass guy, I don't know why they keep trying to sell that to me.
YourTriclopsTheorySucks

Post by YourTriclopsTheorySucks »

Ceridwen wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 3:51 am
YourTriclopsTheorySucks wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 5:53 pm Hey, I'm in!

I'm pretty lousy at video games on the best of the days, and this one is REALLY kicking my butt. Between how hard it is and the holiday I'm only about 60-70% through it, but I'm loving it despite (or maybe because of?) the challenge. wish the look/design of the main character hadn't been so...bland, but it's a blast to, IMO, finally have a really, really fun SW game again.
If it helps, set the difficulty to Story Mode. You don't get any extra points or trophies for playing on harder modes.

And yeah, in the lead-up I was pretty disappointed with Cal's presentation, but he won me over in the game itself with his relationship with BD-1. Similar experience I had with The Mandalorian; I don't care about generic badass guy, I don't know why they keep trying to sell that to me.
Yeah, the character himself definitely more than made up for his Generic Dude-ness, so that was a pleasant surprise.

At this far along, I think I'll stick with this difficulty level, and then play again on Story Mode to unwind.
mike.

Post by mike. »

It's a good game, just not sure if it's a good STAR WARS game. Will revisit when somebody makes the inevitable Baby-Yoda-as-BD1 mod.
itchysensation

Post by itchysensation »

DavidP wrote: November 24th, 2019, 7:30 pm I just beat it yesterday and liked it a lot - there were some rough bits mechanically, mainly the lack of fast travel being a pain with this style of map.
I think that's the thing I liked the most about the game. My major gripe about Disney-era Star Wars is a gripe I've had since before the Takeover has to do with fast travel, and the slower things move the better, as far as I'm concerned. I hate the fact that hyperspace has effectively become a teleportation mechanic and it all started with the video game Empire at War. Since then, it's proliferated its way through every Star War and it bothers me a lot. This game was conservative with how it employed both hyperspace and foot travel, and the fact that you actually had to maneuver throughout the gaming environment really elevated the game for me overall.
"I'm sorry, Maclunkey. I'm sorry for everything."