Palpatine's Son

Hello there!
iyer.a.genius
Reactions:
Palpatine's Son

Post by iyer.a.genius » February 8th, 2020, 9:57 am

I posted this on Facebook, but wanted to see what y'all thought. I have a theory that Palp's son was not a force sensitive, hence Sheev disowning his son and making his son a "nobody."

Malcolm
Reactions:

Re: Palpatine's Son

Post by Malcolm » February 14th, 2020, 5:42 am

i'm not sure if this has been covered officially but i kind of assumed sheev just made someone pregnant a-la shimi and the whole anakin thing again. i didn't think he actually had a son that ran away from home.

let face it palpy isn't going to let someone wander off and run around the galaxy
"Never tell me the odds"

Malcolm
Reactions:

Post by Malcolm » March 5th, 2020, 5:17 am

ah ha this sort of explains it then

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-rise-s ... ine-clone/
"Never tell me the odds"

ListenerMattBurkey
Reactions:

Post by ListenerMattBurkey » May 12th, 2020, 6:30 pm

They should not have been cowards and included Triclops in Epsiode 9.

MattwithTwoTees
Reactions:

Post by MattwithTwoTees » May 24th, 2020, 11:59 am

Don't forget Trioculus! It was weird to see the youth fiction Star Wars book I read as a kid came closest to how things played out in the movies. They leave it open enough in the film that you can drum up a few different theories. Yes, I know the ancillary media explains it, but if you're going strictly off the movie, you've got some room to play.
"They always lock the door. You'd think they'd have learned by now. Doesn't look like there’s a key – that would be too easy. The console to unlock the door is probably hidden in some room twelve floors up or something…how does that make sense?"

Ceridwen
Reactions:

Post by Ceridwen » July 2nd, 2020, 6:54 pm

iyer.a.genius wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 9:57 am
I posted this on Facebook, but wanted to see what y'all thought. I have a theory that Palp's son was not a force sensitive, hence Sheev disowning his son and making his son a "nobody."
That's more or less the case. The novelization says that the "son" is a flawed clone, non-identical and non-Force sensitive, useless for the Emperor's resurrection plot.

YourTriclopsTheorySucks
Reactions:

Post by YourTriclopsTheorySucks » July 4th, 2020, 7:44 am

*AHEM*

space matt jencik
Reactions:

Post by space matt jencik » July 8th, 2020, 11:40 am

iyer.a.genius wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 9:57 am
yeah that makes sense. this idea is set up pretty well in the prequels and the groundwork is there in the sequels but they still dropped the ball by not explaining it all better in TROS in my opinion. i think there are a number of ways they could have done a better job explaining this. the hints were there in the first two movies, they just didn't follow through properly

Ceridwen
Reactions:

Post by Ceridwen » July 9th, 2020, 9:03 am

space matt jencik wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 11:40 am
this idea is set up pretty well in the prequels and the groundwork is there in the sequels but they still dropped the ball by not explaining it all better in TROS in my opinion. i think there are a number of ways they could have done a better job explaining this. the hints were there in the first two movies, they just didn't follow through properly
I think that's true of all of Star Wars, though. Even if we stop with JUST Star Wars and never make The Empire Strikes Back, there is so much about that movie that requires living with it, like we do when we're children, to appreciate the fuller picture of what it's doing. There are lots of ways that movie doesn't "follow through properly" on its own premise the way a more consistent but less interesting movie series might (it's weird to set up Luke using his lightsaber and not paying it off, to set up this incredible drama between him and the man who killed his father without finishing it, if that's the only one we ever got).