Did Poe do anything of consequence after Force Awakens?

Hello there!
nashville

Did Poe do anything of consequence after Force Awakens?

Post by nashville »

I was listening to one of the Force Awakens SWM episodes and the thought crossed my mind; What did Poe do?

In Force Awakens he gets the plans to BB-8, blows up some TIE fighters over Maz's castle, and helps destroy Starkiller Base. Those are real things that affect the story.

From what I remember, in The Last Jedi he just complains about stuff on Leia's ship. Then in Rise Of Skywalker he's part of the space battle but that entire battle is pointless because Lando showing up with a million ships and Rey killing Palpatine are the only two events that affect the outcome.

I only saw TLJ and RoS once each, so my memory may be foggy. What was his purpose in episodes 8 and 9?
MattwithTwoTees

Re: Did Poe do anything of consequence after Force Awakens?

Post by MattwithTwoTees »

I think in 8 he's there to learn how to be a leader instead of a cavalier pilot. In 9 he mostly takes a step back from that and has to re-tread a little bit, but they at least flesh out his character a bit more. Plot-wise he doesn't have much of an effect on either but you could argue we're in Raiders of the Lost Ark territory there.
"They always lock the door. You'd think they'd have learned by now. Doesn't look like there’s a key – that would be too easy. The console to unlock the door is probably hidden in some room twelve floors up or something…how does that make sense?"
ListenerMattBurkey

Post by ListenerMattBurkey »

It makes more sense that he should have passed away in Force Awakens.
Ceridwen

Post by Ceridwen »

After Poe learns the lessons of his failure in The Last Jedi, he is able to think through Luke's strategy (or does the Force guide him?) and lead the Resistance survivors to Rey and the Falcon.

In The Rise of Skywalker, Poe pilots the Falcon to retrieve intel on Palpatine's return, and his hyperspeed skipping is the only reason they escape. After Leia's death, he is forced to fill her shoes; he is WHY Lando shows up with the People's Fleet, that's POE'S strategy that Lando is following.